Monday, August 24, 2009

weekend


so this weekend i had a contest at straight outs...sigh, i thought, but then it turns out the waves were really good. tuns out i have a stress fractures in my left wrist and sprained my right wrist. but i decided to surf the contest. i did 2 divisions, open and jr mens. i didnt do so well in either of them but i have a legit reason. but i made the semi finals in my jr mens, had a really gnarly heat with kylen and cole. i ended up groveling for 8 out of the 15 minutes in the heat, trying to push kylen as deep as possible. cole kind of bailed on the plan, but hey what can i say, heat is a heat. i got third, i blew it on the set of the heat on my first turn. kylen and cole both made it to the final (kylen 2nd/cole 4th). my open mens heat was really rough, my makeshift cast kept coming undone and it was dragging me. i was having a really hard time catching waves and ended up getting third in my first heat :[ i came really close to making it but i couldnt get a set, both my waves were just meager insiders so there wasnt much scoring potential. but all in all, it was a really fun day. oh and i got to meet sally fitzgibbons, she is the youngest girl to make the WCT (world championship tour) for surfing...she's a professional hehehehe but she was super cool and seemed like your typical teen, seeing how she is only 17ish, but she has an epic life, travel, surf, and just live life to the fullest.

sunday was my chill day for the week, since the rest of the week is going to be hectic. i just cleaned house and did some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment